New World Prepatory
New World Preparatory (NWP) opened its doors in September 2010. At full capacity, the school will house 375 sixth through eighth grade students. NWP’s student body will reflect the community’s rich cultural diversity, one that includes a high recent immigrant population.
Located on Staten Island’s north shore, NWP is a charter middle school that celebrates diversity and is committed to teaching tolerance. The school’s key design elements include: academic rigor and relevance; personalization; strong professional development; and engaging families and the larger school community as critical partners.
NWP will provide students with a curriculum weighted in English Language Arts and reinforced language arts skills in all of the traditional core subjects – social studies, English Language Arts, math, and science. The school will have a directed focus on Civic Leadership and Social Justice, emphasizing the importance of improving community life, seeking justice for all peoples and caring for one another. The school’s academic program will also include Spanish, health, physical education, consumer sciences, career development and occupational sciences and the arts. NWP will provide structured time to support the social and emotional needs of each student. Students in all grades will participate in an advisory program that will further develop adult-student relationships to support learning and emotional development. Each student will be assigned a single teacher to serve as their advisor, with each teacher responsible for a core group of students.
All work is due January 5th
1. Complete 5 I-ready Reading Lessons and have your I-ready log signed.
2. Read the two passages and complete the multiple-choice questions
3. Read the next two reading passages and complete the short-response and extended response.
***Have a Happy and Safe Holiday!
For the week of December 29-January 2nd (Monday to Friday)
On Loose leaf, stapled, with your name and class
- Create a weather station model for each day using the Internet, your cell phone app, or the news. Be sure to include the temperature (in degrees Fahrenheit), pressure (in milibars), wind (direction and speed in knots), precipitation, dew point (in degrees Fahrenheit), and the cloud cover.
- For each day, find the weather forecast for 1:00 PM. And use the following locations for each day: Monday 12/29- Staten Island, NY. Tuesday 12/30- Los Angeles, California. Wednesday 12/31- Orlando, Florida. Thursday 1/1/15-Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Friday 1/2- Paris, France.
| (Temperature) (Pressure)
Precipitation ( light rain ) Cloud cover & wind
(Dew Point) Cloud cover (over cast) Wind (East) 10 knots
Students are expected to complete every question in the packet, as well as a minimum of 5 lessons on iReady Math. There is an attached iReady log for students to fill out and parents to sign. Have a great holiday and a happy new year!
Please show All your work.
Click the link (highlighted in BLUE) to get a copy of HW# 51
- Please show All your work for each question.
- Packet Due on January 5th. Packet will count as a Test Grade.
- Click the link (highlighted in BLUE) to get a copy of Winter Packet – 2014
- Don’t Forget to Log onto I-Ready and complete at least 5 lessons
12/22 – 1/5 Homework
Complete reading packet.
Complete subordinating conjunctions worksheet.
Complete a minimum of 5 iReady lessons and fill out your log. Do not forget to get it signed!